Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Do I Really Need a Mailing List


Let me start by saying that I wish I had done this one simple thing many years ago. My business life probably would have been much better if I had. I can only begin to count the number of people that I have referred to programs only to eventually lose that contact.

Required or Optional

In my own opinion and personal experience it is a Requirement to build YOUR list. If you are sending people to affiliate programs or your MLM program replicated site then you are building a list for someone else and guess what they aren't going to say thank you.

It takes time to set up a capture page and a series of letters when you are first getting started but in the long run the extra effort to do so will be worth it for your bottom line.

Once you've got your list started then what?

Nurture or Sell

You need to do both. The saying goes something like this "People buy from people they know and trust". And "The money is in the list".

Think about these situations. If a stranger walks up to you on the street and says, "you just have to see this movie" - what is going to be your reaction? You've got to be kidding, why would I listen to you, shock, or just get out of my face.

A few days later a friend says to you, "You just have to see this movie" - what is your reaction this time? Tell me more about it, was it really good, is it a thriller, or great I can't wait.

You've got to build some rapport with your reader before they will buy from you but at the same time if you are offering tips on dog grooming for the difficult dog and you have a product that you've used and know that it works then why not share that product with your reader.

Installed Script or Third Party System

I have used both. It takes some technical skill to upload the script so if that is not your thing then a third party system is the way to go. My installed script got my site shut down a few years ago because someone accused me of spam. I used the double opt in method but that wasn't enough.

With third party systems they need to be well established, they should be paid as you will get better delivery and support and they should offer a few tools like split testing, tracking and lead capture. There are many to choose from so you will also need to look at the cost.

Paid vs Free

Free autoresponders will sometimes contain ads from other members and they may not have a good delivery rate so don't waste your time.

Some paid systems will allow you a free version until your list gets to a certain size. But be aware that they may include ads from paid members. You want your readers to see your ads and not get distracted by someone else's ad.

When considering a provider make sure to take the time to read about the options. Often times as your list grows your cost will grow with it. There are autoresponder providers that don't increase the cost.

Put Your Business Email Communications On Autopilot   A Qualty Autoresponder Software Is The Difference Between Success And Failure With Email Marketing   Using Autoresponders Is Helpful in Internet Marketing   Squeeze Pages: 6 Pitfalls You Want to Avoid!   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。